Saturday, February 21, 2015

LAUREN'S SUPER LATE FEBRUARY 9, 2015 E-MAIL

I FORGOT TO POST THE EMAIL FROM THE 9TH!



Hi Mother and family!

Haha! Dad is so funny. He always does such a great job when he gives a talk! I think I got that characteristic from him (getting worked up about talks and what not), but since being on a mission I've become a lot better at not getting stressed about things like that. It's been a huge blessing from the Lord!! And thanks for the Valentine box! I haven't received it yet but I'm sure I will soon. :) 

We got to go to the temple today - and guess who was in our session? Dallin H. Oaks! And guess who didn't recognize him? Me! Haha. After we went to go change Sister Smith was like, "Did you see Elder Oaks??" And I was like uhhh.....and then she told me he hugged someone at one point, and I totally remember seeing that but I didn't even know it was him. So sad. Haha. I guess it just goes to show though that you really can't tell a prophet apart from any other man when you're in the temple because everyone is dressed in white. :) He is here this week though because he will be speaking at Stake Conference, which we're super excited about. We really are so spoiled with all the general authorities who have been visiting us recently.

This past week was fun as always! Not much new stuff to tell, other than we've just been continuing to meet with the recent converts in the ward who seriously blow my mind because of their faith, desire to continue learning and overall amazingness. It is so much fun teaching everyone here because they ask so many great questions and it just really makes our jobs easy. Sister Smith is also a really good teacher, which helps me to be a better teacher. We haven't added anyone recently as new investigators but last week we found really neat potentials. We decided to visit a former investigator who I taught with Sister Kim a few times at the beginning of my mission and when we went, we met her boyfriend and his friend (she wasn't home). They were surprised to see us but after talking for a few minutes they became really interested in learning and one of them was like, "So, who can I contact if I want to like, study and learn more?" And we were like......ta-da! Us! Haha. It was a cool miracle. So we are going to see both of them this week sometime.

Hmm let's see what else......we had MLC (Missionary Leadership Council) on Tuesday and Visitors' Center training Thursday, during which Sister Smith and I gave a training on better utilizing our tour sheets at the VC (tour sheets are what we fill out when we come into the VC each day to set goals and plan for our shift that day) to set meaningful goals and have vision for what we can accomplish each day! So that was fun. :) We also had exchanges with some sisters from the Visitor's Center on Wednesday. Sister Hernaez (from the Philippines - she reminds me of Rosemary!) came with me to Berkeley on and we had sooo much fun together!! We were out and about during dinner, so there were tons of people to talk to (which makes it hard to have quality conversations, but it is definitely fun trying to talk with everyone). We also ate dinner at a pizza place right next to campus and talked to a really neat guy standing in line and ended up eating dinner with him. He does robotics at Berkeley and was super nice. Even though he wasn't interested, we had a really good conversation with him. And, hopefully we planted a seed in the soil of his heart! :-)

A few other fun things...Sister Smith and I made the best spaghetti in the world the other night (and even though we never get fed, we cook a lot of delicious things so we are well nourished)....we also had two amazing lessons with our progressing investigator J*** - one of them was on tithing (we ended up talking about temples as well) and the priesthood. Both topics were things she had concerns about, but thanks to the spirit and our amazing members, they were awesome lessons and we all learned a lot from one another during them. Thank heavens for members!!!! I don't know what we'd do without them.

Anywho, that's it for this week - sorry I don't have any pics, my camera is lame and runs out of battery super quick and doesn't want to turn on right now. I love you all though!!! Thanks for all your prayers and support and love!!!!

<3 Sister Johnson

DEAR READERS...

MAKE SURE TO READ THE NEW BLOG POST COMING OUT ON MONDAY, FEBRUARY 23RD THAT LAUREN DOESN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT YET!  

BIG BIG BIG NEWS!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment