Monday, March 16, 2015

SISTER JOHNSON'S MARCH 1ST AND MARCH 16, 2015 E-MAILS W/PICS!

AND ... WE'RE BACK

WHAT SISTER MISSIONARIES EAT ...

 Yummy homemade lemon aid
 Homemade onion rings!
 Homemade is best made!
 Homemade is messes made
 Homemade pizza!
This is apparently the dinner blog... haha
Sister Johnson and Sister Smith staying together again this transfer


Hello mother dearest!

Well, this past week was the last week to the transfer...another one gone! And Sister Smith and I are staying in Berkeley. We have a lot of changes happening in the Visitors' Center - 5 new sisters will be coming in and 5 will be out into full-proselyting areas. We are excited for all the changes!

Last week we had some big miracles....we added a new investigator with a baptism date (he's so awesome! He's a super good basketball player and played in Argentina!) and we are getting closer and closer to a baptismal date with one of our other investigators! We had the most amazing lesson with her the other night. She requested for our lesson that Sister Smith and I share our experiences with missionary work/being members of the church. I shared a few different experiences (seminary, David Mackey's story, and some experiences on my mission) and Sister Smith and the member who was with us shared some amazing experiences as well. It created the perfect spirit and environment to testify of the blessings of what it means to be baptized and in invited her again (we've made several attempts before - but we knew this was the perfect moment!) At this point she started crying and told us that she wants to be baptized!!! What a miracle! 2 months ago she did not want to be baptized and was mostly interested in just learning. But these past few months she has seen Heavenly Father's hand in her life and has gained a testimony of him and the Savior. Everything she said was so amazing, almost too good to be true (but it is!) We are working with her for a date...so she's getting closer. :) 
 
Our roommates (Sister Braithwaite and Sister Huefner) are amazing, and last week one day we came home to them making dinner for us - fried chicken, onion rings, and lemonade....ALL homemade! Literally! Even the lemonade was made with freshly squeezed lemons. It was amazing! So just thought I'd let you know how awesome and amazing they are, and so fun to live with. :)

That's all for this week....I love you! And thank you for the stuff you're sending me! I hope everyone has a wonderful week!!!

LOVE,

Sister Johnson


OOPS ... I MISSED ONE FROM FEBRUARY ...

SISTER JOHNSON'S
MARCH 1, 2015 E-MAIL
 
 
Hello Mother!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! I promise I didn't forget! In fact I remembered and told Sister Smith that it was your birthday on Friday and it was one of her family members' birthday last week too. So don't you fret now! And you better believe we'll be going to that seafood place! 
Wow so many exciting things happening over there!!! And of course I'm not sad that I won't be there!!! All I am is excited and happy and stoked and just can't wait for the pictures! :-) What are her colors going to be? Keep updating me and sending me the deets!
So this email is going to be really short because we have a zone activity today and not much time! But the past week was a lot of fun as usual. We had some amazing lessons, and I went on splits for the very first time in my whole mission! I know, crazy huh....it's just not something Berkeley and Moraga has done much, but we finally decided to start doing them in the Berkeley ward and it was a great first experience. I really love the Berkeley ward. There are so many amazing people. And Berkeley overall is just a neat, unique place. One of the things I love about being a missionary is that you feel invisible sometimes. It doesn't matter what kind of person you run into, it's a thrill to try and talk with them and get to know them. Some people are awesome, some rude - overall it's just fun and exciting. The other day I thought about what it would be like to not be a missionary there and I would probably be a little scared haha....but like I said, as a missionary it's a blast!!!!
 
Anyways, if I have time later to write more I will, but that's it for now.....so sorry!!! I'll send pictures later one! Love you all and thank you for everything!!!!
Love,

Sister Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment