Monday, December 29, 2014

LAUREN'S DEC. 29, 2014 E-MAIL - THE CHRISTMAS PHONE CALL and PICTURES!


OUR CHRISTMAS DAY PHONE CALL  WITH LAUREN!!!

On Christmas Day I was ready by the phone.  I thought Lauren would be calling in at 10:30 our time but it turned out she meant 10:30 her time.  So when she finally did call she said she was going to have breakfast with the family she was visiting and then she would call us back.  So, around 12:30 she finally called in.  It took us 20 minutes to get the Google hangout up and running because Lauren forgot to bring her instructions and she didn't remember her account number.  But after a little while we were all online together for about 40 minutes and it was GREAT!

Hello Mother dear!

It was great seeing you too! Yeah it was like I never left ya'll. By the way I met someone the other night at the VC from Alabama. I told him you are from Birmingham (right??) and he said he lives 30 minutes from there. And then I started speaking in a Southern accent to him haha. 

Anyways, yes I loved the boxes you sent!! Thank you so much! They went to the mission home so I got them from there. There was like 50 billion boxes the week of Christmas for all the missionaries. Okay maybe not that many. But a lot. I love the scarves and the tops you got me! I actually was wanting a black sweater/cardigan and really wanted another plain top, so it was like you read my mind. :) And I really wanted scarves just like the ones you got me! So 10 points for you! The only thing I can't wear is the animal print scarf because we're not allowed to wear animal print. :( But, I love everything else! And grandma's clothes are really cute too! I'll send back anything that I can't wear/doesn't fit well. As for the pj's, yes I like them! I wore them when I was sick so I called them my sick pj's. And I mainly wanted my stripped footie pjs sent to me so that Sister Orantes and I could wear our footie pjs together hehe :) I didn't want to buy new ones because they are expensive. It kept me warm as well though!

The whole past month has just been a wonderful experience overall at the Visitors' Center. I had a lot of sweet experiences talking with people, getting to know them and doing my best to help them in whatever way I could during the short time we had together. I was able to bear my testimony a lot and teach from the Book of Mormon, which was a huge blessing. I really am grateful for the Book of Mormon and the power it has. Christmas time has been very special and I was lucky to have spent it at the Visitors' Center!!

Here are some pictures from the past week from Lauren!
 All the presents!
 Sister Braithwaite and Sister Hueffner our roommates!
 The Visitor's Center Christmas Dinner for the missionaries!
 The family we visited on Christmas Day!
 Sister Orantes LOVES the Christmas socks you gave her!



DEAR READERS - A BONUS PICTURE FOR YOU IF YOU MADE IT THIS FAR ...
WHO IS THIS HANDSOME ARIZONA SANTA?



No comments:

Post a Comment