Wednesday, June 24, 2015

SISTER JOHNSON'S JUNE 22, 2015 E-MAIL




GOODBYE
PRESIDENT AND SISTER MEREDITH!!

​San Leandro Zone singing to President and Sister Meredith. So sad. :(
 I love the people who work at the Visitor's Center
Nutty Missionaries
Me and Antonia and their kitten! She's playing with clay. :


 Just and Day on the Lake

 ​Lake Merritt in Oakland! We live nearby. This is the nice part of Oakland.
 ​Candy made by Sister Bookman who lives across the hall from us :)
 Candy!!!
 

Well, all's good over here in Oakland. Last week we found ourselves amongst more crazy people than normal. Makes for a lot of good memories! A few of the people we ran into were really cool. We went to visit a referral on a particular street and met a few women who were super nice. One of them was a stripper and the other two we think were prostitutes. They were really interested in what we had to say and two of them want to come to church with us. :)  

And like always, we had a few miracles! First, our investigator D*** who is scared to come to church came to family home evening last Monday! We invited him and he said he would come (but we didn't think he'd actually come, lack of faith on our part). But he came! And he loved it. We had Filipino night and someone played the piano and sang and he just loved it so much haha. We also found a new investigator last week who is amazing and had a great first lesson with him. He will be going to the Berkeley ward because he's YSA aged but we're happy because he will fit right in with the Berkeley ward. :)

Yesterday I gave a talk in sacrament. At the beginning I gave a shout out to dad, saying how he's an amazing dad and a few of the things I've learned from him. :) I felt really bad though because my talk went over and the last person didn't have time to give theirs. There were four speakers total though and I didn't know because I didn't have a program and we came into sacrament late. Oopsie!
We also had Zone Conference, which was my last one. Since President and Sister Meredith are leaving in a week, they gave their goodbye talks and I was balling. They are amazing. And I was also crying thinking about coming home because I am going to miss this so much. But, that's okay, I still have three weeks left. :-)
Well I love you all. Thanks for all you do for me!!!!
Sister Johnson
p.s.  only three more weeks until 
Lauren comes home!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment